Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fermented Projects

Pickles, I made several batches of 2 varieties. I also made...
Bread and Butter Pickles, Relish and...            ...Cherry Tomato Pickles of course, and...
Fermented Plum Chutney...Seems good with lamb and bourbon. I have perfected a great plum chutney recipe for my taste, but cooking it with vinegar doesnt give the probiotic health benefits of fermented food. I used the same recipe and and just instead of cooking it on the stove with vinegar and sugar-maple is probably what I used, I added instead a little pickle juice to get the ferment started and left it out until it seemed ready to eat.

I did make other Sauerkraut this summer besides the purple sad kraut. My favorite way to eat it, is cold, on a grilled cheddar and sourdough sandwich.
This is not ready yet. It will not be that nice lime green color when it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment